On our instant cost estimator, potential clients looking to have a solar system designed and installed for them can supply us information on the type and number of appliances they intend to add to a solar power system. Alongside additional information on the number of hours they use those appliances during the day and between 9PM and 2PM. A cost estimate is automatically generated and mailed back to them. This estimate is pending a site visit and further negotiations after which the cost will be adjusted for logistics, installation costs and other considerations.
Our first contact with this lead was through our instant cost estimator. The was rather a system that could power a few basic home appliances whilst providing a few hours of backup time during outages.
The system featured the following:
1. Four (4) 250W roof-mounted traditional monocrystalline panels connected in 2 strings of 2 panels each.
2. A 1kW inverter supplied by the client and refurbished by our engineers and added installation;
3. Two (2) floor-mounted 200Ah Fullriver AGM batteries. Read Solarkobo's review of Fullriver batteries here.
4. A 40A SNRE MPPT charge controller to regulate charging from the panels.
5. Extra protection features including AC and DC circuit breakers and surge adapters. In addition to the protection features provided by the inverter against reverse current, overload and overcharge, these features offer another layer of protection to the client's investment. They also make it easy and safe to disconnect the system from the panels in the case of emergencies like lightning that could damage the inverter or solar panel fires.
SolarKobo helps homeowners and businesses in Lagos and elsewhere in Nigeria figure out their power needs and make the best possible choice of all solar products including batteries, solar panels and charge controllers that meet their peculiar power needs and fit their budgets. We also have university-trained engineers who provide the best possible installation services on order.